What is Church Membership?
Church membership is a formal relationship between a local church and a Christian characterized by the church’s affirmation and oversight of a Christian’s discipleship and the Christian’s submission to living out his or her discipleship in the care of the church.
TBC Membership Values
1 - Weekly Corporate Worship (Heb. 10:25)
- As members of the Lord’s Church, we gather weekly on the Lord’s Day for corporate worship through Word, prayer, and song. Members are, therefore, expected to regularly join with the saints for worship.
2 - Personal Discipleship (Mt. 28:19-20; 1 Cor. 11:1; Eph. 4:12; Col. 3:16-17)
- We value the Lord’s command to grow in our knowledge and understanding of His Word and the Christian life, and we seek to practice this Sunday school, in small groups. Bible study, and personal devotion.
3 - Private and Public Holiness (1 Pt. 1:16)
- Through the transformation of our Lord’s Gospel, we recognize that His Spirit brings new life from heaven (Jn. 3:1-15). And we also recognize that our Lord calls us to lives of holiness, both in public and private.
4 - Submission to Pastoral Oversight (Heb. 13:17)
- As a member of the Lord’s Church, you have been placed under the watchcare of qualified Elders. Members are thus expected to honor, follow, and submit to biblical Elder leadership.
5 - Support and Giving (2 Cor. 9:6-7; 1 Tim. 5)
- The Lord calls His people to support the work of the local Church through the regular giving of tithes and by joining in the work (Eph. 4:12). Members should eagerly support the work and mission of the Church through regular giving and serving in the ministries of the Church.
How to join TBC:
If you are seeking membership at Theresa Baptist Church, there are several options for how to start the process.
- Attend our New Member Class (held several times throughout the year).
- Schedule a personal meeting with Pastor Ben.
If you would like to pursue membership, or have questions, please reach out to Pastor Ben at: